Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Number 1

I don't like going down the same road twice.
Comfort is never my cup of tea.
And yet, I find myself back to the place
Where it all began. Where it all begins.


I know this place. I've been here before.
I've navigated each nook and cranny.
I know the grooves on the floor,
And the edges of the furniture,
I can walk about barefoot
And blindfolded.
But I choose not to, anyway.


Each step I take is full of trepidation
For though I've been here before
I know not where this road leads.

Will I find my way back?
Will I get stuck along the way?
Do I really want to take another step?


I pause. I reflect. I ponder.
I muse upon my misgivings.
And I tell myself,
"That's enough for tonight."
And right before I do call it a night,
I smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment